Wednesday, November 8, 2017

SUMMER PICNIC QUILT PATTERN

Introducing Summer Picnic!  My 3rd quilt pattern.


"SUMMER PICNIC"
This pattern was inspired by a contest requiring a quilt or mini be made with only 5 fat quarters for the blocks, along with 2 other fabrics for the background, sashing, cornerstones, etc. 

I had previously designed the original sketch with squares in place of the half square triangles. At first I wasn't wowed with the pattern and pretty much just forgot about it.  When I heard about the contest, I thought about this pattern.  I had to change the squares to HSTs due to the fabric limitations and that was just what the pattern needed.  I loved it!




The fabrics I chose inspired the name Summer Picnic.  The quilt reminded me of a vintage table cloth my mother used to cover our picnic table when I was a child.  

I am so thrilled with this pattern, and it has quickly become my favorite of all the patterns I've designed so far.  Whether you like vintage, modern, or holiday, this pattern transforms with the change of the fabric.

The photo below shows the fabric choices from one of my pattern testers. The pattern took on a more modern, and even a Wintery, icey feel.  You can see the versatility of the pattern with just 5 different fat quarters!

 




So grab your fat quarter stash and head over to Tillalili.com and download your Summer Picnic pattern today!   Follow me on Instagram and post your finished quilts with #tillalilisummerpicnic.  I would love to see them! 





"Summer Picnic"
designed and written by Gwen Sager






©2017-2019 Tillalili, LLC - all rights reserved. Contents and photos on this blog are the property of Tillalili, LLC. No portion of this blog can be used without written permission of the blog owner.

No comments:

Post a Comment